I just got my A1C results in the mail yesterday, so I thought I’d share some of my diabetes facts.
- Type 1 diabetes
- diagnosed July 2003 at age 18
- Age: 22
- Height: 5′ 3″
- Weight: 128 – doesn’t look all that bad, but my BMI is on high side of normal, and I’d like to lose 5-10 pounds
- A1C: 7.2 – not super bad, but not great either
- 17 units Lantus at 10 pm – no pump for me
- 3-7 units Humalog with meals
- I don’t “lead” my insulin 30 minutes before I eat. Who has time for that?
- 1 unit Humalog / 10 g carb
- 1 unit Humalog / 25 points that my blood sugar is over 100 (eg. if my blood sugar is 200, I should take 4 units to bring it down to 100)
- Benicar for kidney protection (not for high BP)
- Freestyle Flash glucometer – ❤
- currently test blood sugar around 4 times a day (each meal and before Lantus), but I’m trying to increase that to 6 or 7 times a day (to catch the after-meal blood sugar info)
I hope I got everything important. I’m sure I’ll think of something later and edit this…